This page will be updated regularly. As the government advice, requirements and initiatives for help are being updated daily or even more often, please use the links below to see the most recent advice. The rest of this page will concentrate on local initiatives and information and general advice on keeping active mentally and physically and interacting safely with others through various media. Please contact the Parish Clerk via email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have ideas that can be shared with other parishioners.
Keep safe, keep well and keep in contact.
June News and Views – this has not been distributed, due to the Covid 19 crisis. A small number of copies have been printed and are available at the post office, only for parishioners who do not have internet access. The online edition is available here June News and Views
Community First – Virtual Coffee Morning by Zoom, Tuesday 2nd June at 11.00
Meeting ID: 864 3858 2949 Password: 777684
WISH Herefordshire website – includes useful information on food outlets that are providing delivering or takeaway service at the current time https://www.wisherefordshire.org/keeping-well-staying-healthy/keeping-yourself-well/coronavirus-national-information-and-guidance/coronavirus-local-community-information/
Crime Prevention Newsletter from the Rural Crime Team Crime Prevention Newsletter May 2020
Herefordshire Council information on school re-opening
S&A update 21 May 2020
Help with Domestic Abuse
Graffiti on Sutton Walls
There has been an ongoing issue with graffiti on Sutton Walls. Anyone posting graffiti should be aware that graffiti is regarded as an act of criminal damage under the Criminal Damage Act 1971. The Sutton Walls Conservation Group are monitoring this situation and trying to remove the graffiti. The current lockdown makes this difficult as many members of the group are self-isolating. Sutton Walls is an ‘At Risk’ Ancient Scheduled Monument which has protected status and is of huge historical significance so should be valued rather than defaced.
New Herefordshire Council web pages with information on latest data, help with paying Council Tax and rent, staying at home, working from home, local services, links to latest health and government information and many other useful links https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/homepage/91/coronavirus
Update by Taurus to Herefordshire Council relating to ‘shielding':
People who believe they fall into the shielded category should register on the gov.uk site and tick that they have not received the letter. These lists will be passed to practices sometime this week or next for practices to then review and confirm if they believe these patients are shielded or not. They will then contact those that are to confirm. This is national guidance which practices have been asked to follow.
In addition to this, there are many patients that may be in this category but are on the list that Wye Valley Trust (WVT) is currently collating – practices won’t be aware who these patients are from a search on their GP systems. WVT are writing this week to all of their patients so this should resolve some of people’s queries.
Warning about Covid Scammers Victim Support – Advice for Individuals – Scammers and Fraudsters
Links to local initiatives and information
Useful information on Herefordshire Council’s WISH website, go to Hereford area for more detailed information https://www.wisherefordshire.org/keeping-well-staying-healthy/keeping-yourself-well/coronavirus-national-information-and-guidance/coronavirus-local-community-information/
We would like to hear from you if you need help. The letter above gives contact details.
Christine’s Catering is now delivering community boxes and home-made meals to Marden, ring 01432 352152 or 07967 006786 or go to www.christines-catering.co.uk
Herefordshire Council has set up a response programme which you can volunteer for, though it will link straight to the parish response.
People wishing to volunteer can register and vulnerable people needing support can register on the following link: https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/covid19help Talk Community Covid Response telephone number: 01432 260027 Email address email@example.com
HEREFORDSHIRE BUSINESS SUPPORT REGARDING COVID-19
The council’s Economic Development Team delivers a service called the Marches Growth Hub Herefordshire. This online service offers FREE support services for all local businesses. There are a number of government supported initiatives that can potentially help businesses through this unprecedented time of uncertainty.
If you are a business wishing to have further information on Covid-19 then the details of the local support are available on the Marches Growth Hub Website – https://www.marchesgrowthhub.co.uk/advice-and-support/coronavirus-information-for-businesses/ Alternatively if you wish to discuss with a member of the Economic Development team please contact 01432 261758 or 01432 383633 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ideas for keeping healthy and active
A brain teaser kindly produced by Sue Price – no prizes but fun to do! Adverts quiz sheet And here are the answers:
1. Heinz 2. Zanussi 3. Esso 4. Colgate 5. Old Spice (also used for Denim) 6. Ready Brek 7. Double Diamond 8. Yellow Pages 9. Castrol Oil (GTX) 10. British Gas 11. Milk Tray 12. Access credit card 13. Pedigree Chum 14. Heineken 15. American Express 16. Volvo 17. Guinness 18. Opal Fruits. 19. Campari 20. British Airways 21. Audi 22. Anadin 23. British Telecom 24. Milk 25. Bounty 26. Shredded Wheat 27. IBM 28. Irn Bru 29. Wonderloaf 30. National Lottery
How did you do? Here’s another quiz to try: Herefordshire Settlements quiz sheet
Access help for parents with schooling and activities www.teamrubicon.co.uk
More ideas of things to do
· Indoor scavenger hunt – great idea for kids to entertain them around the house or create one for the garden or use just colours or choose a letter of the alphabet. Once they’ve collected them all, part of the game is then to return them from where they found them!
· Covid-19 Care cards – In these times it is useful for us to thing each day what we have been grateful for and find joy in the small things. These cards give a focus and can be shared with others.
· Coping Calendar – 30 actions to look after ourselves and focus on
· Fence removal – I’ve been seeing this more and more across social media and think its great way to connect with your neighbours and have a face to face chat whilst also still practising social distancing.
· Green Card in Window – Another great idea is to have red and green cards displayed in the window. Green – I’m ok. Red – I need help with something. This really helps if not everyone is connected on social media.
· chrome-extension://gphandlahdpffmccakmbngmbjnjiiahp/https://craftgossip.com/files/2020/04/Art-Therapy-Coloring-Book.pdf Why not find some free colouring books
· Plant a sun flower – watch it grow and maybe compete with neighbours/family who can grow the biggest. Something to nurture and hopefully be in full bloom when we are out of lockdown.